- Why is my app showing temperatures in metric units?
- iOS: To change the temperatures back to Fahrenheit, the region setting on your device must be set to the United States. To do so, go into your device's Settings > General > Language & Region > Region> Change the Region to United States. This should resolve your issue.
- Android: Check the language your device is set to. To do this, please open your device's settings and navigate to the General Tab. From here, select Language & keyboard. If it's not set to English, then could you try changing it to English and that should resolve your issue.
- Can I download my paid app onto my new phone even though I'm switching from iOS to Android (or visa versa)?
No. Since Apple and Google are two separate companies, purchased apps cannot be transferred between the two. The app would have to be repurchased in order to have it on your new phone.
Funds received go toward up keep and improvements for the application.
- Why is my Android device telling me my paid app isn't licensed and I need to repurchase it?
There are two possible solutions here. First, be sure that you are logged in with the same account that you originally purchased the app with, as this is how Google verifies your purchase. If you are logged in with the correct account, then the next step is to to delete the app. Then go to "mange your applications", choose the Play store, and clear the data. Once that is done, re-download the app from the store (will not charge you again while logged in with the correct account).
- Why can't I add more locations?
Most likely you have reached the app limit for the number of locations you may add to the device. If you are unsure if you have hit this limit please feel free to contact our support team for more troubleshooting tips!
- Why is Google telling me that my device is not compatible with this app?
Unfortunately, Google is responsible for compatibility filtering in the Google Play store and could deem the app incompatible for a number of reasons. There is not currently a way that we can tell exactly why Google has deemed the app incompatible and we recommend contacting Google about this issue directly via this link https://support.google.com/googleplay/topic/3365284?hl=en&ref_topic=3364672#contact=1.
- On Android, every time I try to add a location it keeps bringing up my current location and not the one I entered, help?
To add a location, go to "Manage Locations" >> "Add Location" then type in the city name into the search bar. Pressing the search button (or magnifying glass) on the keyboard should bring up a list of results. Then tap on the correct location and then press "Save". Please make sure not to push the "Find Me" button, as this will cause the phone to use its GPS to locate your present location.
- Will I still get alerts if I turn on "Do Not Disturb Mode" in iOS?
No. Unfortunately, in iOS, the system level "Do No Disturb Mode" overrides any app's settings for sounds and alerts as designed by Apple, therefore there is no way for the app to override the setting and you will not receive an audible alert.
- Is there a way to disable certain types of alerts during certain periods or for certain locations?
No. Currently there is not a way to customize alert types by location or by time period.
- Why didn't I get my alert? I got an alert from another app!
More than likely you were outside of the polygon area of the alert. The National Weather Service has started to use smaller shaped areas for warnings, called polygons, to be more precise with the areas that receive warnings, and to help reduce false alarms. This is the technology the application uses. Most other applications and sources, however, will still alert for an entire county, even if your location is not within the threatened area.
If you believe you should have been within an alert area or should have been issued an alert, it may be worthwhile to check your iMap Radar tab and change the weather overlay feature within the application to see if any of your locations lie within the alert polygon. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you should have received an alert. We will be more than willing to investigate.
- Why am I getting a blank screen?
If you are having trouble getting data to load on your device, please make sure that your network connection is up and running. It may also be worthwhile to force close the app and reopen it to see if that clears the issue. If that doesn't work, make sure you have a location added to your device. Finally, you may wish to check to see if there is an update for the app, or delete and reinstall as a last resort. If you are still having issues, please feel free to send us a message.